Who is Jared Kushner?
So who is this rich kid (worth ~800 Million dollars!)? Here's what you need to know:
- Born in New Jersey, he's the son of (literal white collar felon) Charles Kushner, who founded the Kushner Companies, a billion dollar real estate development firm, in 1985.
- Graduated from Harvard University in 2006 with a B.A in government. A classic tale of a wealthy father donating $2.5 million to the school and his vastly underqualified son getting in despite his poor grades. Kusher then got a dual MBA and JD from NYU.
- At 25, Kushner bought the New York Observer with daddy's money. Peter Kaplan, the editor of 15 years, resigned 3 years later because of clashes with the young heir.
- In 2008, he took over his felon daddy's company after Charles was locked up for tax evasion, illegal campaign contributions, and witness tampering. There's still bad blood between the Kushners and former Trump kidnapping victim Chris Christie because he was the US Attorney on the case.
- Kushner, despite having no qualifications to speak of, was appointed as senior advisor to the Trump administration and, also based on nothing, put in charge of bringing peace to the Middle East. (So far, no luck!)
- Kushner has recently been accused of a whole host of immoral, illegal, and incompetent activity by reports in the Intercept, people familiar with the Mueller probe, and others. Officials in four nations - United Arab Emirates, China, Mexico and Israel - have also said that they see Kushner as "manipulable" through his business interests.
- Kushner's interim security clearance was recently downgraded and the active White House gossip mill claims he's on the outs with his father-in-law. Will he survive the month?! Place your bets now, before it's too late!