Battle Hymn of the Transphobic
- UPDATE: Following a federal court ruling, the Pentagon has confirmed it will allow openly transgender individuals to enlist in the military beginning Jan 1, 2018.
- Approximately 15,500 transgender service members.
- Trump's ban sets an effective date of March 23, 2018.
- Approximate annual health-care costs for gender-transition-related medical treatment would be $8.4 million. Government spends 10X annual on Viagra.
- Defense Secretary, General Mattis said, "The Department will carry out the president's policy direction, in consultation with the Department of Homeland Security. As directed, we will develop a study and implementation plan that will promote miliary readiness, lethality, and unit cohesion, with due regard for budgeary constraints and consistent with applicable law."