Here are the winners!!
What an exciting voting day it was. These are the big winners from yesterday.
Senator - Dianne Feinstein
- Won her bid for possibly her 6th term with 44% of the votes
- Will run against fellow Democrat Kevin de Leon in the midterms
Governor - Gavin Newsom
- Will run against John Cox, a Republican businessman backed by President Trump, in the midterms
- Newsom's current platform includes government-run, universal health care, full-service community schools open every day and a state bank to finance infrastructure, small business and the marijuana industry he helped legitimize
Lieutenant Governor - Eleni Kounalakis
- Will run in a tight race against Democrat Ed Hernandez
- Kounalakis' platforms range from increasing affordable housing and college to universal broadband
Attorney General -Xavier Becerra
- Will be defending his position against Republican Steven Bailey
- Bacerra is the first Latino to hold the office in state history
- Becarra has taken the Trump Administration to court to defend the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA).
Democrats were targeting 7 Republican-held House seats in districts that were carried by Hillary Clinton in 2016. Many were afraid of a possible Democratic shut out due to the number of candidates and the CA jungle primary system. Happy to report that there will be a Democrat competing in every district in the general election in November.
10th Congressional District: Josh Harder
- Will face Republican incumbent Jeff Denham in November
- Considered one of the most competitive races that's going to happen in the midterms
21st Congressional District: TJ Cox
- Will face Republican incumbent David Valadao in November
- He's an engineer and businessman
- Main priorities are healthcare and immigration
25th Congressional District: Katie Hill
- Youngest candidate in the race
- Runs a homeless service non-profit
- Will challenge Republican incumbent Steve Knight in the midterms
39th Congressional District: Gil Cisneros
- He is a Navy veteran and a philanthropist
- Will face Republican Young Kim in the midterms
45th Congressional District: Katie Porter
- Prominent consumer advocate lawyer and UC Irvine professor
- Was classmates with Elizabeth Warren at Harvard Law School
- Will challenge Republican incumbent Mimi Walters in November
48th Congressional District: Harley Rouda
- He has an M.B.A. and a J.D.
- Harley has been involved in fighting homelessness, domestic violence, and human rights offenders
- Will face Republican incumbent Dana Rohrabacher in the midterms
49th Congressional District: Mike Levin
- Clean energy advocate and environmental attorney
- Supports a clean DREAM Act and comprehensive immigration reform
- Will face Republican Diane Harkey in the midterms
Click here for more details!